Already 2019 is shaping up to be a great year.
- Joan was honoured to be hand picked by the Head of Drop box Ireland to take a prestigious seat at her round table on Continuing the Momentum business training.
- Joan also got a seat on the HPS business boot camp.
- Joan was honoured to be accepted from 800 business women, to gain one of only 78 seats on the fantastic ” Going for Growth Round Tables”
- Allure Won Most Highly Commended Business Women in The Dublin Network.
- Allure won Ireland’s Best Hair & Beauty salon.
- Joan completed her ” Business masters with Alan Austin Smith”
- Allure Midland College of Hair makeup & Beauty Won Best Training Academy at the Irish Hair & beauty awards.
- Gok Wan Looked for Joan and Allure out of all of Ireland to work alongside him in Ireland and Scotland conducting hair looks for he’s fashion brunch club. Our learners got to be apart of this.
- Aimee Connolly Mua held her Masterclass at our College.
- Joan launched “ The Salon Doctor” allowing for in-house salon education.
- Joan again was titled one of Ireland’s ” Leading Women in Business for RSVP magazine 2017″
- Joan is also again ” Women in Business in The Athlone Advertiser for 2017″.
- Joan also completed her degree in Management.
- Joan Was honoured to be contacted by RSVP magazine to feature her colleges and her business to date.
- Joan was shortlisted to the top 5 from 500 long-established businesses in Co.Offaly in the Chambers of Commerce awards”.
- Joan expanded her college in July 2016 to Athlone, Co.Westmeath. Allure Athlone Academy of Hair, make up & beauty.
- Joan began offers VTCT awarding courses along with her long running Allure, ITEC and Department of Education ( State Commission awards).
- Joan was again asked by The Athlone Advertiser paper to feature in their ” Woman in Business section” This she has been asked to do in the last number of years.
- Joan also gave birth to her second little boy in August 2016.
- Joan launched her first of 2 Hair, makeup beauty fashions seminar in Allure Tullamore on their very own seminar room”.
- Joan completed a number of courses both Nationally and Internationally.
- Joan began her FREE motivational, inspirational life and business talks with her learners and set up seminars for them to learn
- How to have self-belief and motivation and shared her storey with them all and how she got to where she is today with the positive and negative side to it.
- Seminars in running Facebook as a business.
- Seminar in how to set up their own business and what is involved.
- Joan took a huge risk which thankfully took off and she built the largest Private College of hair & beauty with over 7,000 square foot in Axis Business Park, Tullamore Co.Offaly. “Moving from the town to just out to the outskirts along with building this college was a huge but so rewarding decision” The college now has Free parking, High-end Tutors and Facilities with their very own seminar room, makeup academy, salon, school salon, beauty practical room, classrooms and much more.
- Joan launched her snap chat account which is now a huge hit and if you are not following please do @allurecollege. In this Joan talks, laughs and educates her followers in anything life, love, hair, beauty and her amazing team also complete tutorials on a large number of hair, make up and beauty looks.
- Again Joan was nominated by the Athlone Advertisier Paper for ” Best Women in Business”.
- Joan travelled abroad to complete a number of Revlon Professional courses in Dublin, Paris and Rome.
- Karen our head of Beauty and makeup education was also sent to Miami to Train with Mario ” Kim Kardashians makeup artist”.
- Allure saw the introduction of In-house seminars in areas of hair & makeup by Joan and her team along with Guest tutors offering their educational knowledge.
- Joan Travelled to Budapest completing Style Masters award in which she did amazing photoshoot work for.
- Joan placed her Diary entry system for her learners in place which is proven to help them so much.
- Joan also added on her progression meetings to her learner’s courses to help them both Allure and the learners get the best from their courses, again proven to be very rewarding to learners.
- Joan had her first baby boy in August 2012. She faced serious bullying around this time from another college in which it took along time for Joan to deal with this, she did and it pushed her to become who she is today.
- Joan again was honoured to be asked to feature as ” Best Woman in Business”
- Joan completed her ” Revlon Colour Master Degree”.
- Joan grew up in a hairdressing background with her mum having her own salon after training in Cassards, Tullamore and Vidal Sassoon London.
- Joan started hairdressing at 13 in her mums salon, and at the age of 15 went to work in Deirdre’s haircare, Moate, Co.Westmeath and Beverly’s Hair studio, Tullamore, Co. Offaly.
- After school Joan trained in David Marshall School of hairdressing Dublin, where she was honoured to be asked to be kept on to retrain to teach with David and some high end names in the industry.
- Joan went on to also complete a large number of courses with Connaught School of Hairdressing, Teacher Training, Assessor awards and with Dylan Bradshaw, along with completing her ” Masters in Hairdressing & business along with her Senior Trade by the Department of Education”
- Allure Hair & beauty salon was founded by Joan O Meara on May 18th 2004 after Joan came back from travelling Australia with with her trade.
- Allure grew rapidly to 3 salons but Joan later handed 2 of her salons over to her managers and kept one salon, in Tullamore, as she was getting so much demand for her training she wanted to focus on that and be the first Hair & Beauty College in the Midlands and offering ITEC and the department of education examinations. and her husband had also had a very bad accident leaving him unable to walk for a period of time.
- Joan founded ” Allure school of hairdressing which later changed to Allure Midland College of Hair, Make up & Beauty.
” Joan was only 22 years old setting up her own business and believes that anything you want in life is possible”
“If you believe in yourself and you get up and go for it, surrounding yourself with positive people, you can achieve anything”.
“Fear, worry and doubt can all hold us back but with one chance at life why do we let it? “
“Get up, Dress up and Never Give up”