This course is suited to anyone who has basic training in hairdressing and who needs a finishing off course, or who works on the salon floor but who has never gained qualification papers & certificates.
We will touch on your foundation training before starting into this advanced content. The ITEC Level 2 Hairdressing course is suited to anyone wishing for more foundation & intermediate understanding and skill within hairdressing.
NOTE SOME OF THE UNITS BELOW MAY HAVE CHANGED SINCE THIS DUE TO ITEC CHANGING THEIR CONTENT.
1 Day weekly for 20 days. Additional Free days may be added if we feel any students need it.
September 30th 2019.
Course Content & Progression:
Allure will work on your foundation training while progressing you on to perfect your advanced skill.
You will cover a wide range of units within this course to ensure you are confident when leaving Allure*.
You can sit your Senior Trade along with this course and you can progress from this course to
- ITEC Certificate in Education & Training.
- Allure Cutting Course with Joan.
* Units may vary in each of our colleges.
Assignments, projects, presentations, team work and solitary work may occur throughout this course under guidance from our educators.
Unit 615 Cut Womens Hair
This Unit covers:
- The Importance of Cutting and understanding cutting while progressing to Advanced cutting.
- Health & Safety within Cutting.
- Consultations for cutting.
Unit 617 Colour Womens Hair
In this Unit you will cover:
- Colour knowledge right through from basic to an advance Level.
- You will complete advanced techniques with balayage and ombre.
- Perfect and Understand colouring.
- Consultation within Colouring.
- Health & safety within colouring.
Unit 618 Style & Dress Hair
In this Unit you will cover:
- How to style and dress hair professionally and tips when working with hair up or down.
- Health & safety within styling and working with hot tools.
- Consultation within Styling to re think your mind set.
Unit Human Resource Management
This Unit we cover:
- As we feel all stylists, therapists and barbers should understand the full impact of running a business, and managing a team.
Unit Promote products and servces
Sed in augue ex. Donec tincidunt, velit et porta consequat, mauris turpis convallis nibh, vel lobortis ante mi et quam. Praesent eget porta justo. Donec sollicitudin quam vitae justo facilisis, a congue orci blandit. Nam dapibus ornare eros nec aliquam. Sed malesuada suscipit feugiat. Nulla in fringilla elit.
Unit 621 Bridal Upstyling.
This Unit we cover:
- Bridal Upstyling & Creations. We cover a lot in this.
- Bridal Preparation.
- Bridal Consultation and planning.
Unit 627 Perming Techniques
In this unit we cover:
- Perming theory.
- Perming methods/advanced methods.
- Perming types.
- Perming Consultation.
- Health & safety within perming.
Requirements/ Do I need to bring anything?
- Allure Offers Free Parking for all our learners in Allure Tullamore.
- A Full kit will be emailed to you before your course commences and we advise to buy others items you may need weekly or monthly as you need them, advice on this on day one will be given.
- We also advise you to purchase your own kit for home use and practise. All of this will be explained to you on the first Day/Evening of the course.
- Learners should wear black wide leg trousers, a black tunic with a black long sleeve top under it or a black fitted cardigan. Black closed toe flat shoes.
- Hair should be worn in a neat bun and no jewellery is allowed. ( A wedding band is accepted).
- You need to be willing to work on each other and bring models on nights /days you need them. Allure can help you with models once notice is given to them but we cannot guarantee them.
- Stationary items will be required and all of this will be sent to you via email before your course commences.
- Allure Midland College of Hair, Make up & Beauty certificate.
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing.
- Any other seminars, day courses etc at an additional fee that you may complete throughout this course.
Free with this course:
At Allure we love to look at the learner and what they need not just from us but for themselves as adults and for their career.
- Hands on practical days. *
- CV preparation.
- Interview skills.
- Diary entries daily to see progression.
- Progression meetings.
- Introduction to training others, whether Juniors in your salon etc.
- Professional Conduct, Salon Experience and Care for clients.
* Please Note you will need to and should want to bring in models to help better your training and skill. We do open to the public but we cannot guarantee models however we also feel you bringing in people you know can help your progression as you will see them again unlike our models therefore you can trace progression visually.
You can pay in full or pay your *Deposit today and clear the balance before your course begins or arrange with our team for our payment plan. Tullamore credit Union also lend to our learners for very affordable repayment rates.
*All Deposits are non-refundable.
What our student's say...
Why Choose Allure Midland College Of Hair, make up & Beauty
We are officially Irelands Best Training Academy & take pride in our
98% employment rate for college leavers.
Start your career by training with Allure & be inspired.