This course is a very basic Junior trade course however at Allure we give over and beyond in the syllabus and offer some free areas so you are more hands for salon employment. It is a great course to help you have a introduction into hairdressing while still gaining qualification.
2 Days weekly for 26 weeks.
Monday and Friday/Saturday( Free work experience day).
Next date: September 23rd 2019.
Starts: 10.30 am.
6 Seats available.
- Cover the basics in Hairdressing in both practical and theory areas of the
- Science of the hair
- Client care, communication and conduct
- Shampoo & Condition
- Massage techniques
- Product knowledge and retail selling
- Growth patterns, face shapes and hair textures
- Basic up styling
- Basic blowdrying
- Basic cutting
- Basic Colouring
- Basic perming/ setting and styling.
- Theory and practical examination.
Free with this course:
- Past Examination papers and answers in both Theory and Practical.
- Highlights application.
- Colour chemical use ( As most public colleges do not allow you use real colour however at Allure we feel you need to as it helps your skill)
- Twisty Blowdrying.
- Real Live models.
- Salon work experience day to gain skill and knowledge.
Requirements/ Do I need to bring anything?
- You need to be 16 years and over.
- You need a full hairdressing kit which you can buy via us VAT FREE.
- You need a full stationary kit. ( These will be all sent to you on booking of the course.
- Uniform – Black wide leg trousers, black closed toe flat shoes, black tunic, black cardigan or a black long sleeve top for under your tunic.
- During the course you will need to bring in models for training. We will also advertise for models for you however you will need some yourself.
- As this is a essay type written theory exam paper you would need good English to pass.
- You can progress to any hairdressing course whether it be a day or Diploma course. We advise you complete ITEC level 2 on completion of this course.
- You can conduct your Junior and Senior Trade together. Click here for more.
- You can conduct any Make up or Beauty Diploma course to have another treatment to offer your clients or for salon employment.
- You can go directly on to complete your Senior Trade from Junior Trades but we do advise you to conduct a 2 week crash course with Allure in between both courses as they only start in September of each year and on the crash course we can give you more skill to be ready for Senior Trade. (optional). We do cover so much more on Junior Trade now so you leave us competent and confident.
- Allure Midland College of Hair & beauty.
- Junior Trade by the State Commission.
You can pay in full via here online, or pop into us. You can also pay a deposit here or you can avail of Local credit unions affordable loans or contact Allure directly for their payment plan.
*All Booking deposits, and monies paid are non-refundable/non – transferable.
Funding: May be available from your local social welfare office however you must look into this yourself as it varies depending on each individuals circumstance.
What our student's say...
Why Choose Allure Midland College Of Hair, make up & Beauty
We are officially Irelands Best Training Academy & take pride in our
98% employment rate for college leavers.
Start your career by training with Allure & be inspired.