This course is suited to anyone training or qualified who want to explore the art that is cutting hair. Joan designed a concept where it now helps stylists to understand cutting. It is not longer good enough to be able to cut hair but stylists want and must understand why they cut as they do. Anyone who completes this course leaves happy and confident in cutting and the Concept is used all over the World.
Tuesday 24th and 31st March, Tuesday 7th & 14th April 2020.
Monday 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th June 2020.
- Cutting is simple once you understand the angles, sections and techniques.
Our 5 step Finishing off course has just that and you will leave happier and confident within cutting.
Step 1 – Book a meeting or call our educational team( on 0579361419) to gain advice, knowledge and support on how to achieve your goals and what you need from the course.
- Step 2 – Refresh on Consultation, what do I ask and look for when consulting with a client? Why clients leave us ? Work on communication. This area is vital you perfect before progressing on, as it is here where the problem with cutting can occur. We cover Confidence building, throughout the whole course, what styles suit face shapes, working with growth patterns, angles, technique, how to find out which technique you need for what hair cut, this we cover in depth with you along with case study on this. What makes you nervous or that worries you within cutting ? Cutting again is actually very easy to over come once you are taught your angles, sections and techniques and you understand it. You will recap on your one length, layering and personalising to see what level that is on , and we can advise to help and perfect this before moving on to shorter cuts. We will bring you back to basics to progress you on.
- Step 3 – Understand the concept. Perfect & Understand sectioning, techniques, Graduation, Graduated Bobs, reverse & forward graduation, disconnection, checking off and personalising correctly, along with cutting with the head shape. This is a in depth class and cutting after this day seems so much easier.
- Step 4 – Progress to short and pixie cuts, Angles, Technique ,fringes, cross checking, the different types of thinning, the ABC of cutting, scissor over comb, corner work, head shape work.
- Step 5 – Perfect all the above on real live models, to gain confidence and experience to help you leave happy and confident in all areas. Checking off, and personalising.
You will leave a far more comfortable and confident stylist.
We will give you a report at the end of your course and if you are coming from a salon, we will update your boss daily on your progress.
Requirements/ Do I need to bring anything?
- Doll head and clamp.
- Full hairdressing kit with hairdryer, scissor, comb, brushes (including long silver hair clips as well as normal section clips).
- Refill pad and pen.
- Allure Midland College of Hair Make up & Beauty.
You can pay in full or pay your *Deposit today and then clear the balance before your course begins or avail of our affordable payment plan.
We Have teamed up with Image Skillnet who will fund €112.50 of this course for Hair Salons.
*All Deposits are Non-Refundable & Non – Transferable.
What our student's say...
Why Choose Allure Midland College Of Hair, make up & Beauty
We are officially Irelands Best Training Academy & take pride in our
98% employment rate for college leavers.
Start your career by training with Allure & be inspired.